Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The Beauty In The Beast

The recent COVID 19 pandemic has us home quarantined. The respite from the daily hectic schedule is a happy welcome and has given an opportunity to explore new hobbies or work on old passions. I took up to getting a little creative and experiment on paper aka art! Mind you, I am no artist but I always like to try.

So my first experiment on paper was the newspaper art, wherein the old newspapers would form the canvas and colors (predominantly black) would be used to form shadows and silhouettes. I decided to dabble with my favorite Disney story - The Beauty & The Beast, as I had previously drawn them and had turned out just fine.

I struggled. I struggled real hard not with drawing Belle but with drawing the silhouette of the beast! No matter how I tried to make it more huge or have more sharper horns, the outline of the beast failed to look menacing. I went back to my old drawing and he still looked menacing there, then why such discrimination here!

Details! That's what I was missing here. I soon realized it was the details within the old drawing that made it look the way it did and since I was only drawing a silhouette here it was difficult to achieve the same. without those inner details, it was nothing but just a plain old creature. It were the details that made the difference and in the end made me realize it's the details which matter.

In everyday life, we humans are somewhat similar when it comes to the physical aspects. Everyone has two eyes, one nose, a face with two ears, two hands, two legs and all of them attached to one trunk. What differentiates us is our thoughts, likes, dislikes and our choices. But sadly somehow yet we end up making our opinion about someone is solely based on how they look.! Maybe sometimes what is required is a second chance, a chance for us to look into the details that matter. And just maybe we might have a whole different view.

Some beast we are afraid of & some we fall in love with.



No comments:

Post a Comment